Jump to navigation Jump to search
Picrew is a website to make an avatar for your profile picture, initially created by the two staff of the Japanese company TetraChroma, Inc. from July 2017, and officially released in December 2018.
Why It’s Fresh
- There are lots of different Picrews to choose from.
- The art style for most Picrews look well done.
- It’s a nice way to make a good looking and somewhat original profile picture with little effort, even if doing so can be seen as lazy.
- While the site is only in Japanese, it doesn’t take long to move past this as the site is very easy to use, even without knowing the site’s language.
- Though you can master the site much easier by using a site translator, for example from Google Chrome.
- Arguably, the creator of the most popular Picrew, Sangled, is an aphobe.
- The site does have a toxic community, as Picrew profile pictures are associated with toxic users on sites such as Twitter.